Richaland, MS 39218 US
We have great employees that have been with us many years – and hope that that track record of longevity shows the pride we take in being one of the best places to work in Mississippi! Come join our team – where you will receive vacation, retirement and many other great benefits!
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies, determining appropriate corrective procedures.
- Performs Accounting Clerk and Bookkeeper duties
- Posts data and balances accounts.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Collects appropriate data for preparation of federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Assist in compilation of cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and 2-3 years of related experience required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background checks.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required (less than 10% of the time).
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to communicate with others by telephone, and in person.
- Ability to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jennifer Ashcraft Johnson
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Jennifer is a Mississippi native born and raised in Booneville, MS. After attending school she moved to the Chicago area where she ran a family business for over ten year. Jennifer returned to Mississippi in 2009 where she has continued to grow and develop during an amazing career that has covered many industries. Most recently Jennifer led a team of sales associates before joining a major dental practice and managing front and back office of the business. In this role she was responsible for all financial aspects as well as sourcing, onboarding and management of the team.
Jennifer joined the PSG team in 2021 and has grown and learned so much about our industry in such a short period.
Jennifer’s role at PSG is to match potential employees with PSG clients. Her goal is to provide our associates with a chance to attain their career goals while providing clients with the most qualified employees available.