Vicksburg, MS 39183 US
Position Title: Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic (Contract Position)
Location: Vicksburg, MS
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
We are looking for courageous, talented, and hard-working individuals with a “can do” attitude. We are currently going through a cultural and operational change in our organization and looking for people to join the team that want to make a difference in their career as well as make the working world safer through our product innovations. Yes, our teams make and finish chain, but they also have the opportunity to make their own work environment a little better and safer.
We work hard because our products are put to the limits every single day. If one of our links fails, it could mean the difference between someone hurt or getting home safely to their family. We take chain making seriously, so our customers don’t have to.
Position Summary: To begin learning the standards for the Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic position. This is step one of a three step process to qualify for this position which includes but not limited to installing, maintaining, and repairing machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems for an industrial establishment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance on motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines
- Locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, by listening for problems and/or by using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Knowledgeable of preventative maintenance, as well as knowledge of general and preventative maintenance procedures
- Understanding proper LOTO procedures
- Welding and fitting a plus, especially mig, tig, and stick welding.
- Specifying parts needed for proper repairs.
Qualifications for a Millwright Include:
- Working knowledge of mechanical, low voltage VFD, CNC and PLC experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of mill, lathe, and CNC preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints for trouble shooting, PLC and VFD (variable frequency drives), repairs, and process and safety improvements
- Ability to diagnose mechanical issues and determine the appropriate measures to correct them.
- Time management skills and the ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy physical labor, including walking, climbing, standing, sitting, and lifting.
- Ability to work on either shift.
- Problem Solving skills
- Technical skills
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills—Oral and Written
- Ability to work as a team or individually
- Good work ethic—efficient, effective, accurate, organized, conscientious, dependability, punctual, etc.…
- Meets Company standards (i.e., goals and objectives, production quotas, project deadlines, etc.…) and with high quality.
- Adaptability—changes in the work environment, production demands, priorities, methods, direction, etc.…
- Takes initiative.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
- At least 1-year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, or crawl.
- Frequently required to climb or balance.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs, at times may be asked to lift more.
- Specific Vision Requirements—close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust to focus.
- The environment is non-climate controlled.
- Production floor is typically loud.
- Must wear required PPE.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Libby was born in Mississippi, moved around a bit, and returned to graduate from Morton High School and attend Ole Miss. After beginning part-time work in high school with her father’s medical practice, she continued in the medical field for the next 20 years. She has worked in a management role in multiple settings including hospital, homecare, private practice, and as a consultant in software transition for hospitals. Libby spent the last several years at home raising her boys and currently lives in Kosciusko with her husband and children.
Libby joined PSG in June 2021 and has a robust background in vetting and hiring medical professionals for all settings. Although new to staffing she is a pro at finding highly motivated and qualified employees for the medical and clerical fields.
Libby’s role at PSG is to match potential employees with PSG clients. Her goal is to provide our associates with a chance to attain their career goals while providing clients with the most qualified employees available.