Legal Secretary/Paralegal Hybrid
Jackson, MS 39225 US
- Perform corporate entity searches.
- Draft and file documents for corporate formations and entities.
- Assemble transactional closing documents and closing binders and review for completeness.
- Organize and maintain legal documentation.
- Research and respond to inquiries and requests for information.
- Enter billable time and process pre-bills.
- Prepare and edit transactional documents, corporate and business agreements, and correspondence including letters, memos, and reports.
- Maintain calendar and deadlines for attorneys.
- Process expense reports, check requests and business development activity; coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Schedule meetings and conferences.
- Provide other support as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members.
- Ability to handle and adjust effectively to competing deadlines and priorities
- Position requires a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, professionalism and judgment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong word processing skills.
- Some overtime hours required
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years work experience as a paralegal.
- A Bachelor degree in Legal Studies, Information Management or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired and/or Certification as a Paralegal.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Libby was born in Mississippi, moved around a bit, and returned to graduate from Morton High School and attend Ole Miss. After beginning part-time work in high school with her father’s medical practice, she continued in the medical field for the next 20 years. She has worked in a management role in multiple settings including hospital, homecare, private practice, and as a consultant in software transition for hospitals. Libby spent the last several years at home raising her boys and currently lives in Kosciusko with her husband and children.
Libby joined PSG in June 2021 and has a robust background in vetting and hiring medical professionals for all settings. Although new to staffing she is a pro at finding highly motivated and qualified employees for the medical and clerical fields.
Libby’s role at PSG is to match potential employees with PSG clients. Her goal is to provide our associates with a chance to attain their career goals while providing clients with the most qualified employees available.