Ridgeland, MS 39157 US
- Answering the phone.
- Making appointments, calendaring dates, printing materials, organizing documents and filing.
- Travel arrangements.
- Opening new business matters in firm’s system.
- Entering attorney billable time in billing system, reviewing the bills, and working with Accounting to process the billing.
- Revising and proofing draft correspondence, memorandum, documents, and instruments as directed by supervising attorney.
- Assisting supervising attorney as instructed with professional, civic and community responsibilities, events and activities.
- Maintain records as to CLE hours and assist with reporting to the applicable bar association.
- Assist with preparation of resources, PowerPoint slides and other materials for publications for and presentations to clients, professional groups and associations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervising attorney, partner-in-charge or office manager.
Real Estate Responsibilities:
- Receiving requests for title commitments from clients and requesting title reports or certificates of title from abstractor or abstract companies.
- Receiving requests from clients for title updates and requesting same from abstract companies.
- Occasional research of land records, tax records and other computerized records online.
- Tracking of real estate transactions throughout year for purposes of 1099S reporting; completion of 1099 Information Sheets and submission to reporting service.
- Tracking of real estate transactions with foreign companies through FSA 100 and filing same with the applicable Farm Service Agency office.
- Drafting real-estate-related court documents, such as notices of foreclosure, lien notices, authorities to cancel, expert opinions, etc.
- Proofing surveys and legal descriptions.
- Handling trust accounts and other financial aspects of the practice.
- Handling all post-closing responsibilities after real estate closings.
- Preparing status reports for clients.
Supervision Received and/or Given:
- Occasionally work on projects for attorneys in Jackson and other offices in addition to supervising attorney.
- Work closely with attorneys and paralegals on funds received and disbursed through trust accounts.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- 10 years prior real estate experience in a law firm, real estate company or bank setting.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- College Degree
This position requires sitting for long periods of time while operating a computer. At times, employees are required to work in excess of the normal work schedule, particularly during preparation for and conducting closings. Employees in this position must be mobile, have the ability to bend, and have ability to lift and carry files weighing approximately 10-15 lbs.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Libby was born in Mississippi, moved around a bit, and returned to graduate from Morton High School and attend Ole Miss. After beginning part-time work in high school with her father’s medical practice, she continued in the medical field for the next 20 years. She has worked in a management role in multiple settings including hospital, homecare, private practice, and as a consultant in software transition for hospitals. Libby spent the last several years at home raising her boys and currently lives in Kosciusko with her husband and children.
Libby joined PSG in June 2021 and has a robust background in vetting and hiring medical professionals for all settings. Although new to staffing she is a pro at finding highly motivated and qualified employees for the medical and clerical fields.
Libby’s role at PSG is to match potential employees with PSG clients. Her goal is to provide our associates with a chance to attain their career goals while providing clients with the most qualified employees available.