Jackson, MS 39201
Are you looking for part-time flexibility? This job may be perfect for you! 25-30 hours per week!
Our client has an immediate opening for a Legal Runner.
- Must be well organized to keep track of legal documents and to operate efficiently
- Ensure all outgoing mail is affixed with postage and charged to correct account
- Deliver packages, envelopes and file court documents
- Maintain accurate records of deliveries and court document filings
- Walk or drive vehicles in order to reach destinations to deliver packages, envelopes or file court documents
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering packages, envelopes or filing court documents
- Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route
- Obtain signatures for packages and/or documents as needed and turn into supervisor
- Record information such as items received and delivered including recipient’ s name
- Check with supervisor after completed deliveries or filings in order to confirm deliveries and collections and to receive instructions for other deliveries
- Pick up food or beverages
- Travel to purchase office supplies
- Perform clerical tasks such as making copies of documents, distributing mail among other legal staff, cleaning, stocking the kitchen area, and answering the phone
- Depending on the applicant's skill set the runner may also perform word processing tasks and data entry
REQUIREMENTS - MUST HAVES!
- Must have at least 1 year of office experience
- Must have a valid driver license and own their own vehicle
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Must have good driving record