Ridgeland, MS 39157 US
Telecom (VoIP & an occasional PBX), camera systems (analog & IP), networking arrays, structured cabling, Cat6, firewall, PC repair, VoIP, point-to-point setup, WiFi, connectivity, VPN, O365 Administration, access control systems, as well as commercial and residential alarm systems.
Want to join a small company with a supportive and friendly work environment, where your skills will make an immediate impact and your ideas are always welcome? Then submit your resume to join our team! We’ve been in business for 25 years supporting small to mid-sized companies with their communications and security. We also perform some residential security work. Centrally located in Ridgeland, MS.
Compensation and Hours-
- $22.00- $32.00/ hour
- Growth opportunities in responsibility and compensation.
- Mileage compensation
- Typical hours are Monday- Friday 8:00am-5:00pm CST (4:00 on Fridays), with some opportunities for overtime and weekend work.
- Continued Education
- Meet with business executives, perform site surveys, engineer jobs, generate bids, submit to customer, and follow up. Order equipment and execute installation and customer training.
- Applicant must have a “can-do” attitude, who always perseveres to get the job done, is a results-oriented team player, but can also work well independently.
- Good communications skills, strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to project manage with analytical skills and an ability to organize a dynamic workload is critical.
- Telecom room buildout experience (racks/cabinets, patch panels, grounding, etc)
- Perform site survey, engineer proper coverage and range of surveillance cameras, prepare schematic and proposal. Proper, professional installation and customer training.
- Data equipment cabinets and frames, data servers, switches, routers, repeaters, bridges, gateways, multiplexers, transceivers, firewalls.
- Physically place, remove, or modify working and non-working equipment.
- Identify, label, measure, terminate and physically route the cables that supply AC and/or DC power or transmit data in various technical spaces.
- Conduct testing and document performance characteristics of hardware and software; determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
- Perform advanced test and turn-up as well as other integration activities.
- Resolve equipment and technical issues as they arise.
- Read, analyze, and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs)
- Install and service commercial and residential alarm systems and set up monitoring.
- Perform quality validation on in-process and completed work.
- Complete operations paperwork (e.g., expense reports, timesheets, job documentation, etc.) including daily job status reports as requested.
- Perform as customer contact- interface with customers and local supervisors regarding project status.
- Interact with all members of the organization including Installation, Engineering, Project Management.
- Contribute to team goals by focusing on self-improvement, self-growth and education. Recognize self-education is often performed afterhours.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Perform other tasks as required or requested.
Mitel, ESI, Ring Central, HikVision, TurboDog, Honeywell, Dell, Webroot, Sonicwall, Ubiquity, Cat6, Office 365 and Microsoft suite.
Telecom & Cabling Qualifications-
- Previous experience in cabling systems, and/or other related fields such as:
- Twisted Pair Copper and DS3 Coax with dmarc extensions, installation of Cat 5e/6 Structured Cabling Systems according to industry standards such as EIA/TIA, BICSI, NEC, ability to connect to network hardware and the Internet using a laptop, DSL modems, routers, NID splitters and DSL filters, identification of different types of voice and data circuits, Installation of voice switches, installation of data network hardware, 802.11a, b, g, n wireless technologies and surveys without mapping software, 802.11 Wireless Access Point surveys using Mapping Software (i.e. Air Magnet) with the ability to provide coverage mapping reports, T1 ckts, MPLS ckts, DSL ckts, DS3 Ckts, POTS lines, Wireless Access Points, Power over Ethernet (Installation), cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skills Including: WLAN survey, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, programming, and replacing parts as need.
- Knowledge of using diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system failures.
- Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and processing of paperwork. Must work well independently, as well as follow directions, Ability to handle more than one responsibility at a time, ability to work under deadline pressures, strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time management, ability to build rapport with clients, and positive and professional demeanor.
Physical demands include-
- Regularly lifting 5-50 pounds and occasionally lifting over 50 pounds, including managing ladders.
- Must be able to easily and safely walk long distances, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, hear, talk and speak fluent English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision peripheral vision and the ability adjust focus.
- Must be able to navigate extension ladders, use of lift and roof access- avoid fear of heights.
- Drive safely, long distances, if necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing onsite installation, service and troubleshooting of- telecom, surveillance systems, computers and cabling, and alarm systems, camera systems and computer cabling.
- Must have reliable daily transportation for company use.
- Must be a US resident with a valid driver's license, vehicle insurance, and proper registration.
- Must live within the tri-county area.
- Drug screenings are performed randomly.
- Must have your own hand tools. Industry specific tools will be provided as needed.
- Willing to travel.
- US Citizen
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Libby was born in Mississippi, moved around a bit, and returned to graduate from Morton High School and attend Ole Miss. After beginning part-time work in high school with her father’s medical practice, she continued in the medical field for the next 20 years. She has worked in a management role in multiple settings including hospital, homecare, private practice, and as a consultant in software transition for hospitals. Libby spent the last several years at home raising her boys and currently lives in Kosciusko with her husband and children.
Libby joined PSG in June 2021 and has a robust background in vetting and hiring medical professionals for all settings. Although new to staffing she is a pro at finding highly motivated and qualified employees for the medical and clerical fields.
Libby’s role at PSG is to match potential employees with PSG clients. Her goal is to provide our associates with a chance to attain their career goals while providing clients with the most qualified employees available.