Quality Control Manager
Summit, MS 39666 US
The company produces plastics. Films that are then printed and converted into bags for multiple industrial, consumers goods, food and medical applications.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that each part of the manufacturing process has been correctly completed. This position has accountability to ensure that detailed inspections are completed to ensure raw materials and finished products meet product specifications and customers standards, completion of CAPA reports and setting the strategic direction of the quality department. The position reports to the General Manager.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
• Implementing methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
• Managing and maintaining the SQF certification program.
• Ensuring that products adhere to quality standards.
• Preparing trends and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing manufacturing data.
• Maintaining testing standards and COA’s of incoming raw materials.
• Training and managing production line staff in production practices and quality assessment of products.
• Tracking products through the manufacturing process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct.
• Performing detailed and recorded inspections of final products so the products meet specifications.
• Eliminating products returns that do not meet specification through root cause analysis and resolution.
• Ten years plus of continuous process manufacturing quality experience with at least three years in a management role at an equivalent size or larger company.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
• Working experience and knowledge of quality systems and statistical process control.
• Experienced in establishing and maintaining third party certified quality systems (SQF, ISO, ABB).
• Proven formal problem resolution and analytical skills.
• Ability to think and operate strategically.
• Team player who can collaborate up and down in an organization.
• Strong verbal, written and computer skills.
• Travel required at approximately 10%.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Libby was born in Mississippi, moved around a bit, and returned to graduate from Morton High School and attend Ole Miss. After beginning part-time work in high school with her father’s medical practice, she continued in the medical field for the next 20 years. She has worked in a management role in multiple settings including hospital, homecare, private practice, and as a consultant in software transition for hospitals. Libby spent the last several years at home raising her boys and currently lives in Kosciusko with her husband and children.
Libby joined PSG in June 2021 and has a robust background in vetting and hiring medical professionals for all settings. Although new to staffing she is a pro at finding highly motivated and qualified employees for the medical and clerical fields.
Libby’s role at PSG is to match potential employees with PSG clients. Her goal is to provide our associates with a chance to attain their career goals while providing clients with the most qualified employees available.